Spalding Western Relief Road
24 MONTHS DURATION
CLIENT: Lincolnshire County Council
The relief road is part of Spalding’s long-term transport strategy to help reduce delays and improve journey times.
The scheme will reduce congestion in the town centre by providing a new route around the west side of the town, and linking the A1175 and A16 located to the south and east of Spalding to the B1356 to the north, via the B1172 Spalding Common.
The proposal is to deliver a 6.3km, 7.3m-wide single carriage road in five sections:
- Spalding Common to Holland Park
- Holland Park to Bourne Road
- Bourne Road to North of Vernatt’s Drain
- North of Vernatt’s Drain
- North of Vernatt’s Drain to Spalding Road
This project was awarded to Eurovia Contracting prior to the integration of Eurovia Contracting with Taylor Woodrow. We are now one team delivering the projects that change people’s lives.
- Supporting sustainable housing and commercial growth within South Holland
- Enhancing connectivity by improving west to south links around Spalding
- Improving air quality, reducing carbon emissions and improving town centre safety