Stratford Station Entrance
1 YEAR PROJECT
Taylor Woodrow BAM Nuttall JOINT VENTURE
The new entrance forms part of proposals to improve connectivity to the west of this regional station.
Taylor Woodrow BAM joint venture is constructing a new southwestern entrance at Stratford Station as part of a joint initiative between TfL, London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) and London Borough of Newham (LBN) to improve connectivity.
The new entrance will offer an alternative route into the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and will also facilitate access via the Carpenters Estate, which is subject to extensive future development including construction of a new university campus. This will connect through the existing staff car park reducing the 10-minute walk to around 30 seconds.
The scheme also includes the installation of new lifts to allow step-free access throughout the station and the renovation and extension of a disused subway for better integration of rail, tube and DLR services.
- Additional station entrance
- Provision of new urban realm adjacent to the new entrance
- Integration and enabling of new assets and services with existing
- Provision of a new entrance into the Network Rail depot
- Reconfiguration of the TfL operational car park