Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: North West London
Project: HS2 Old Oak Common
Balfour Beatty VINCI SYSTRA Joint venture is recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the joint venture responsible for the construction and delivery of HS2ís Old Oak Common station in North West London. The circa £1bn project will include the delivery of six underground platforms as well as up to eight platforms on the adjacent Great Western Main Line.
Reporting to the project Commercial Manager, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for all commercial aspects of a section of the project.
- Ensure that VINCI commercial position is protected using in-depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes.
- Responsible for effective client relationship management to encourage smooth commercial progression of the contract(s).
- Provide liaison with the client, PQS, and senior staff.
- Manage and provide development and support to other commercial team members.
- Understand the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level within the customerís business industry/sector.
- Anticipate and plan change in commercial resource on the project.
- Provide commercial support to tendering process when required.
- Prepare the basis of the project procurement schedule and ensure the team contribute and complete their relevant sections.
- Oversee subcontract procurement in accordance with the procurement -timetable, in accordance with the Vinci procurement policy.
- Ensure that materials and off-site services are procured in an efficient manner with capable organisations in accordance with the VINCI procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience gained in a quantity surveying role
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contracts
- Professional Membership of RICS or MICES is desired
- Experience gained on highways or rail projects is beneficial but not essential
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-OOC to firstname.lastname@example.org
" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">< Back to Vacancies