Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: North West London
Project: HS2 Old Oak Common
Balfour Beatty VINCI SYSTRA Joint venture is recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the joint venture responsible for the construction and delivery of HS2ís Old Oak Common station in North West London. The circa £1bn project will include the delivery of six underground platforms as well as up to eight platforms on the adjacent Great Western Main Line.
Reporting to the project Commercial Manager, the Senior
Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for all commercial aspects of a section
of the project.
- Ensure that VINCI commercial position is
protected using in-depth understanding and experience of contractual,
commercial, insurance and legal processes.
- Responsible for effective client relationship
management to encourage smooth commercial progression of the contract(s).
- Provide liaison with the client, PQS, and senior
- Manage and provide development and support to
other commercial team members.
- Understand the impact of commercial and
technical changes at strategic level within the customerís business industry/sector.
- Anticipate and plan change in commercial
resource on the project.
- Provide commercial support to tendering process
- Prepare the basis of the project procurement
schedule and ensure the team contribute and complete their relevant sections.
- Oversee subcontract procurement in accordance
with the procurement -timetable, in accordance with the Vinci procurement
- Ensure that materials and off-site services are
procured in an efficient manner with capable organisations in accordance with
the VINCI procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience gained in a quantity surveying role
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contracts
- Professional Membership of RICS or MICES is desired
- Experience gained on highways or rail projects is beneficial but not essential
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-OOC to firstname.lastname@example.org