Head of Environment
Project: Central Services
Taylor Woodrow is recruiting for a Head of Environment to be based out of our head offices in Watford. Reporting to the Regional Operations Director, the Head of Environment will be responsible for taking the lead in creating a culture of best practice with regard to environment and sustainability
- Support the Head of HSEQ and Operational Directors with establishing company/divisional targets for environmental and performance and review business unit outcomes. Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) against environmental sustainability and parameters and link these to core business strategy.
- Maintain systems to review and monitor compliance with BS EN ISO:14001, environmental commitments at a national, client, regional or project level.
- Support the start-up of new projects, and if necessary, act as the nominated Environmental Manager until such a time as an appropriate environmental resource is in post.
- Assist the business/projects in achieving the objectives/targets set in the Taylor Woodrow Carbon Strategy within your specific work activities.
- Provide support to projects which do not have dedicated environmental resource.
- Establish and implement company-wide strategies for environmental risk management.
- Creates and maintains a strong team of environmental professionals.
- Champion the businessesí approach to compliance with VINCIís environmental ambition.
- Advise on the financial implications of decisions affecting environmental issues (e.g. waste costs, landfill tax etc.) and ensure the best financial outcome for the business is selected
- Lead the preparation and submission of environment/sustainability/ components of tender and prequalification responses, and ensure that pre-construction elements/considerations are understood and implemented
- Contribute to business planning and strategy development, lead with environment/sustainability elements of business strategy
- Establish and implement business and project procedures which comply with legislation, company requirements, contractual and third-party agreements
- Support the HSEQ training agenda and ensure that this is fit for purpose so that all staff receive appropriate environmental training
- Manage company resources to ensure projects are adequately staffed (together with the project directors) to deliver their contractual, and targeted performance with regards to Environment, including delivering business requirements.
- Assist VINCI Academy with engagement with universities to coordinate an annual programme of summer placements to ensure we have high-performing graduate-level candidates. Manage the process of graduate selection.
- Previous experience gained in a senior environmental management role within construction.
- Demonstrable experience in building and developing environmental strategies
- Formal qualification in an environmental or construction-related subject
- Membership of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-ENV to email@example.com
" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">< Back to Vacancies