Project: Bletchley Depot
Taylor Woodrow is recruiting for a Design Engineer to join our team delivering upgrade works on Bletchley Rail Depot
Reporting into the Project Manager, the Design Engineer will also be responsible for producing safe and efficient designs for the project
· Carry out independent checks of designs produced by others and where required produce clear annotations and comment sheets.
· Develop solutions using basic engineering analysis techniques and standard industry guidance.
· Understand and apply under supervision, the engineering principles of reinforced concrete, steelwork, falsework and formwork, shallow foundations, retaining walls and slope stability in temporary works design.
· Use software to develop designs and verify using hand calculations.
· Prepare clear and accurate calculations to develop a design/check that are suitable to be reviewed by a Senior Team member.
· Be aware of and comply with responsibilities as a Designer under CDM and comply with relevant health and safety legislation.
· Prepare design-specific risk assessments and an understanding of the risk review process.
· Prepare sketches and work with CAD Technicians to develop clear and accurate design drawings.
· Prepare simple design drawings using proprietary software.
· Learn about new and innovative technologies whilst gain a knowledge of proprietary equipment.
· Assist the business in achieving the objectives/targets set in the Taylor Woodrow Carbon Strategy through design activities
· Degree in a civil engineering or structural engineering subject
· Knowledge of 3D modelling software
· Previous experience in a design role based on a major infrastructure project
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-Bletch to firstname.lastname@example.org
" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">< Back to Vacancies