Senior Environmental Advisor
Location: Exeter & South West
Project: Taylor Woodrow Civils South West
Taylor Woodrow is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Advisor to oversee environmental activities across infrastructure upgrade schemes in our south west region. The projects include city centre regeneration schemes and junction improvements with values of £2m-£10m as well as a rail upgrade framework.
· Maintain systems to review and monitor compliance with BS EN ISO 14001 and other company/divisional standards.
· Manage and oversee monitoring equipment, collect, process and interpret data (e.g. water, dust, noise, waste)
· Carry out Environmental Site inspections, highlighting any good and bad practice to the relevant teams and Senior Management
· Ensure that the Project Environmental Management System is operating accurately on site through a program of checking and auditing.
· Record and report all incidents to all relevant parties and instigate any corrective actions required.
· Prepare monthly environmental reports for the project, including completion of company/client and divisional reporting systems data systems
· Regularly report progress (including achievements) against environmental compliance, and environmental targets to the whole team
· Develop robust and comprehensive mitigation measures to deal with environmental risks, working collaboratively with the production team
· Produce, review and update the Project Environmental Management Plan (and associated plans) on a regular basis
· Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and client representatives to ensure collaborative working relationships
· Previous experience gained as an Environmental Advisor within the construction industry
· Knowledge of construction methods, trades, plant, equipment, and practices, and, in particular the environmental impact associated with each.
· Previous site experience is desirable
· Awareness of all current and future environmental legislation and a working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation is essential
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-Env to email@example.com