Location: North West London
Project: HS2 Old Oak Common
Taylor Woodrow are recruiting for a Section Engineer to join the joint venture responsible for the construction and delivery of HS2ís Old Oak Common station in North West London. The circa £1bn project will include the delivery of six underground platforms as well as up to eight platforms on the adjacent Great Western Main Line.
Reporting into the Senior Package Manager the Section Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring that all works, including those of suppliers and subcontractors are coordinated to deliver on safety, quality and environmental objectives.
- Allocate tasks to Site Engineers and supervise the task completion.
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed.
- Oversee engineering requirements demanded in the delivery of a section of work or on larger projects, of a subcontractor, to meet the construction programme.
- Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
- Develop and approve relevant procedures specific to their area of works.
- In association with the Section Foreman, assess the plant and resource requirements to meet the demands of site and office-based works.
- Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works.
- Ensure Site Engineers complete setting out in accordance with design.
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
- Liaise with other Section Engineers/Foremen to ensure any clashes on site are managed, to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Regularly review
procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- Previous experience as a Site/Section Engineer is essential
- Degree qualified and working towards institute membership (ICE)
- Experience in heavy structures is advantageous
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-OOC to email@example.com
" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">< Back to Vacancies