Graduate Design Engineer
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Project: Central Design Team
Taylor Woodrow is recruiting a Graduate Design Engineer to join their central design team based in Watford. Reporting to the Head of Technical Expertise, the Graduate Design Engineer will have the opportunity to train in temporary and permanent works design.
- Work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, to produce safe and efficient temporary works designs.
- Under supervision, carry out independent checks of designs produced by others and where required produce clear annotations and comment sheets.
- Develop solutions using basic engineering analysis techniques and standard industry guidance.
- Understand and apply under supervision, the engineering principles of reinforced concrete, steelwork, falsework and formwork, shallow foundations, retaining walls and slope stability in temporary works design.
- Use software to develop designs and verify using hand calculations.
- Prepare clear and accurate calculations to develop a design/check that is suitable to be reviewed by a Senior Team member.
- Be aware of and comply with responsibilities as a Designer under CDM and comply with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Prepare design-specific risk assessments and an understanding of the risk review process.
- Prepare sketches and work with CAD Technicians to develop clear and accurate design drawings.
- Prepare simple design drawings using proprietary software.
- Learn about new and innovative technologies whilst gaining knowledge of proprietary equipment.
- Assist the business in achieving the objectives/targets set in the Taylor Woodrow Carbon Strategy through design activities.
- Degree in a civil engineering or structural engineering subject
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software
- Previous work experience in civil engineering and/or construction is advantageous but not essential
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-GRAD to email@example.com
" class="btn btn-lg btn-primary">< Back to Vacancies